I’ve neglected the blog again. I’m not even sure why I keep it other than the fact it’s a distraction when I don’t want to be working...like now. Lol
I’m in edits at the moment (which I loathe) on a story that will be released, Aug. 3rd. It’s book one of a 4 book series. I’ll talk more about it when it gets closer to the release date. I don’t want to jinx it yet. ;-)
I rarely talk about anything here other than my writing so today I thought I’d share a few facts about me and my real life. You know, the boring stuff people always like to know.
* I just celebrated my 40th birthday this year!
* I’m a wife of 21 years. I married my high school sweetheart, if you can believe that.
* I work a regular 40-hour a week job, one of which I enjoy.
* I have 1 daughter, age 20, who has moved out on her own and gave me this nice office I now sit in. (the new office is in her old bedroom)
* My son, 19, still lives at home. He’s a self-taught guitarist and I love listening to him play. He plays by ear but writes his own songs as well as playing others’ music.
* I have 1 grandbaby, Hayden, who is a special needs baby. He’ll be 3 in July and still cannot talk. He’s missing a gene and they believe that is the reason he can’t speak. He’s learning to sign and I must admit, that is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. Every week he learns a new ‘sign’ and we all learn it as well.
* The only sibling I have is a sister, who is 1 yr. younger than me. We’re the same age for 12 days out of the year. Her bday is April 3 and mine is April 15.
* My great uncle, on my father’s side, ran with Al Capone.
* I caught the writing bug in 2002, getting my start in fan-fiction. My first published story was in 2005. I’ve written a total of 8 complete novels and 7 novellas, all of which are not published. Yes, I’m a slow writer, but you already knew that. ;-)
* I’ve lived in North Carolina all my life. I’m a 4 hour drives away from the mountains AND the beach.
* My ultimate vacation spot would be Greece. My husband will not fly, so I doubt I’ll ever be able to visit.
So…there you go. A few facts about me that you didn’t know. If there’s anything I haven’t mentioned and you’d like to know, don’t hesitate to ask. Chances are, I’ll answer…unless it’s too personal, of course. ;-)